Amazing Race Canada
THE AMAZING RACE CANADA - Coming to CTV summer 2013 http://ctv.ca https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA
AmazingRaceCDA: If you were on #RaceCDA, how would you keep your energy high? Tell us your #PickMeUp! http://t.co/NOzf131pAM
02:05 PM May 15, 2013
AmazingRaceCDA: What advice do #TAR winners have for the #RaceCDA racers? 'Schpants', among other things! Read all their tips here: http://t.co/Fk9gv2SH9j
11:05 AM May 10, 2013
- View More
1. You must apply as a team to The Amazing Race Canada (the “Race”) with one (1) other person. You and your partner consist of the team (“Team”). If your Team is selected by the Producer for an interview for the Race, you both must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a time to be scheduled by the Producer in its sole discretion.
2. Your Team must be available and willing to participate in the Race for a period of approximately twenty-eight (28) days, on such dates to be determined by Producer in its sole discretion, with approximately twelve other Teams. If your Team is chosen to participate in the Race, it is your responsibility to make any necessary personal and financial arrangements with your employers and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home and work.
3. The Race will consist of a number of physical and mental challenges that may involve twists of plot and elements of surprise. If your Team is chosen to participate in the Race, both you and your partner will be videotaped, filmed, portrayed, photographed and otherwise have recordings of you and your actions broadcast throughout the duration of the Race and broadcast in perpetuity, at the sole discretion of the Producer.
4. Your Team must be willing and legally be able to travel within Canada, on such dates and at such locations as Producer shall designate in its sole discretion.
5. One Team will have the chance to win a cash prize and/or other such prizes (“Prize(s)”) as may be available in Producer and/or Broadcaster’s discretion. Prizes will not be awarded until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show and in accordance with the procedures established by Producer in its sole discretion.
6. You and your partner must be nineteen (19) years of age by April 1st, 2013.
7. You and your partner must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
8. You and your partner must be in good health and able to withstand the physical and mental rigour of the Race.
9. If your Team is selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return, any further application materials (including but not limited to medical history forms, psychological and health questionnaires), or submit further documentation (such as your birth certificate and/or other identification) as may be required by Producer in its sole discretion for purposes of determining if your Team is physically and mentally capable of completing the Race, for casting, and other such similar decisions in connection with your Team’s application to the Race.
10. If selected as a semi-finalist, both you and your partner must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producer and will include, but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments, confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by Producer. You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by medical professional(s) selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
11. By applying to participate in the Race, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other types of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
12. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Bell Media Inc. (“Broadcaster”), Insight-Marathon Ltd. (“Producer”), Insight Production Company Ltd., Buena Vista Television, Profiles Television LLC, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on The Amazing Race Canada or participate in the application process. Additionally, Producer and Broadcaster reserve the right to render ineligible any person who either determines, in the sole discretion of either of them, is sufficiently connected with the production of the The Amazing Race Canada, such that his/her participation in The Amazing Race Canada could create the appearance of impropriety.
Applicant Teams will be chosen by the Producer in its sole discretion to create a pool of approximately twenty (20) finalist Teams. The Producer reserves the right to change any of the application terms at any time or to select or not select anyone at its sole discretion.
The Producer is looking for a dynamic group of Teams who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the Race. In addition, the Producer is looking for Teams that are outgoing and adventurous. You and your partner must have a strong personal connection. You must be willing to exert yourself in the face of mental and physical challenges, detours, roadblocks and other obstacles that will be found in and around the Race. The group of Teams, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient emotional, physical and psychological capacity to endure approximately twenty-eight (28) days in any number of conditions, environments and climates.
The application deadline is February 28, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by the Producer and will become the property of the Producer and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant in the Race. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producer will not reimburse you for these expenses.
Only one entry per Team is allowed.
All decisions of the Producer are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or challenge.
If you have successfully completed the Application, you will receive an automatic email notification, however, Producer will be unable to respond to any inquiries about your status as an applicant.
If your Team is selected for an interview, you will be advised by the Producer shortly before the interview is scheduled.
If your Team is selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producer shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producer reserves the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producer reserves the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire application pool. Producer also reserves the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program The Amazing Race Canada at all.
Please ensure all of the following documents have been reviewed carefully and are completed fully before they are submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or considered for participation on The Amazing Race Canada. Thank you for your interest and good luck!
Online Application, including the following:
- Online Agreement and Release;
- Video submission with you and your Teammate;
- One (1) recent photo of you and your Teammate together
- One (1) recent photo solo shot of each team member
For further clarity this means you will be submitting the following:
- 3 x Photos
- 1 x Video
- Filling out 1 Combined Online Application Per Team