Amazing Race Canada
THE AMAZING RACE CANADA - Coming to CTV summer 2013 http://ctv.ca https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA
The amazing #RaceCDA host @jrmonty12 with his gold medal at the #CdnScreen14 #FanZone @toeatoncentre http://t.co/yLdm1Rraqw
04:03 PM Mar 08, 2014
Do you think #RaceCDA is AMAZING? Then cast your vote for the Fan Choice Award at the #CdnScreen14 Awards here: http://t.co/QmwiCh4dtG
08:02 PM Feb 26, 2014
- View More
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILED APPLICATION INFORMATION
1. You must apply as a team to season two of The Amazing Race Canada (the “Race”) with one (1) other person. You and your teammate consist of the team (“Team”). If your Team is selected by the Producer (defined below) for an interview for the Race, you both must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a time to be scheduled by the Producer in its sole discretion.
2. Your Team must be available and willing to participate in the Race for a period of approximately thirty (30) days, on such dates to be determined by Producer in its sole discretion, with approximately twelve other Teams. If your Team is chosen to participate in the Race, it is your responsibility to make any necessary personal and financial arrangements with your employers and family in anticipation of your extended absence from work and home.
3. The Race will consist of a number of physical and mental challenges that may involve twists of plot and elements of surprise. If your Team is chosen to participate in the Race, both you and your teammate will be videotaped, filmed, portrayed, photographed and otherwise have recordings of you and your actions broadcast and exploited throughout the duration of the Race and broadcast and exploited in perpetuity in any language, manner, communication, and/or media whatsoever, in all forms whether current or developed in future (whether or not foreseeable), at the sole discretion of the Producer.
4. Your Team must be willing and legally be able to travel within Canada and around the world, on such dates and at such locations as Producer shall designate in its sole discretion.
5. One Team will have the chance to win a cash prize and/or other such prizes (“Prize(s)”) as may be available in Producer and/or Broadcaster’s (defined below) discretion. Prizes will not be awarded until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show and in accordance with the procedures established by Producer in its sole discretion.
6. You and your teammate must be nineteen (19) years of age by April 1st, 2014.
7. You and your teammate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
8. You and your teammate must possess a valid Canadian drivers license by March 1st, 2014 that is valid for at least eight (8) months from that date.
9. You and your teammate must possess a valid Canadian passport by March 1st, 2014 that is valid for at least eight (8) months from that date.
10. You and your teammate must be in good health and able to withstand the physical and mental rigour of the Race.
11. If your Team is selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return, any further application materials (including, but not limited to, medical history forms, psychological and health questionnaires), or submit further documentation as may be required by the Producer in its sole discretion for purposes of determining if your Team is physically and mentally capable of completing the Race, for casting, and other such similar decisions in connection with your Team’s application to the Race.
12. If selected as a semi-finalist for the casting selection process of the Race, both you and your Teammate must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producer which will include, but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments, confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by Producer. You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by medical professional(s) selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
13. By applying to participate in the Race, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other types of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
14. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Bell Media Inc. (“Broadcaster”), Portage Productions 2 Ltd. (“Producer”), Insight Production Company Ltd., Buena Vista Television, Profiles Television LLC, any sponsor of the Race,and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on The Amazing Race Canada or participate in the application process. Additionally, Producer and Broadcaster reserve the right to render ineligible any person who either of them determines, in either’s sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production or distribution of The Amazing Race Canada (including, through a connection to any sponsor of The Amazing Race Canada or a contest or prize related thereto), such that his/her participation in The Amazing Race Canada could result in or create the appearance of impropriety.
During the casting process, applicant Teams will be chosen by the Producer in its sole discretion to create a pool of approximately twenty (20) finalist Teams. The Producer reserves the right to change any of the application terms at any time or to select or not select anyone at its sole discretion.
The Producer is looking for a dynamic group of Teams who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the Race. In addition, the Producer is looking for Teams that are outgoing and adventurous. You and your teammate must have a strong personal connection. You must be willing to exert yourself in the face of mental and physical challenges, detours, roadblocks and other obstacles that will be found in and around the Race. The group of Teams, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient emotional, physical and psychological capacity to endure approximately thirty (30) days in any number of conditions, environments and climates.
The application deadline at this time is December 26, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, but may be changed at any time.
All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by the Producer and will become the property of the Producer and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant in the Race. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, internet usage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producer will not reimburse you for these expenses.
Only one entry per Team is allowed.
All decisions of the Producer are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or challenge.
If you have successfully completed the Application, you will receive an automatic email notification, however, Producer will be unable to respond to any inquiries about your status as an applicant.
If your Team is selected for an interview, you will be advised by the Producer shortly before the interview is scheduled.
If your Team is selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producer shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producer reserves the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producer reserves the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire application pool. Producer also reserves the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the second season of The Amazing Race Canada at all.
Please ensure all of the following documents have been reviewed carefully and are completed fully before they are submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or considered for participation on The Amazing Race Canada. Thank you for your interest and good luck!
Online Application, including the following:
- Online Agreement and Release;
- Video submission with you and your Teammate;
- One (1) recent photo of you and your Teammate together
- One (1) recent photo of yourself
- One (1) recent photo of your Teammate
For further clarity this means you will be submitting the following:
- 3 x Photos
- 1 x Video
- Filling out 1 Combined Online Application Per Team